Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I just saw Dr. Jemsek recently and I've improved a lot. Over the last two months I have had a lot less pain and more energy. I finally feel like I've turned a corner and am really headed in the right direction. I'm not able to handle a job yet but I'm looking forward to that day.

I also went to see my alternative doctor who I call "Voodo" because she does some strange and unusual practices but I swear she's smart as a whip and can fix any ailment! I told her that I have not had a period in about nine months (I'm 41) and I have some hot flashes but nothing terrible. My blood work also shows I'm in menopause. She said it's because of the lyme and that I need to reverse that since it causes bone loss and I don't need to start that so early. She's sending me to a functional medicine doc who specializes in bioidentical hormone therapy. She said once I get my hormones straightened out that I should be able to take about half the supplements that I'm on now which are A LOT. I'm anxious to see how that works out.

I got a call yesterday saying my white blood count was 2.4 and my absolute neutraphils at .7 which is very low. I've already been to the hematologist and had a bone marrow biopsy which was normal (thank goodness). So, my doc took me off all antibiotics and I'm having my blood drawn again at the end of the week. My white blood count and it's components being too low happens quite often and I hate when I have to stop my medicines. It makes me feel like I'm going backwards and not progressing in my treatment. I must remind myself that there are ups and downs and just to be patient. I've had a few times recently where I've had such fatigue that I couldn't do anything but lie down and go to sleep. I really need to make an effort to slow down. It's just my nature to keep going even I need to stop and rest.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the good report, keep up the good work Dr, J is the man...

    ReplyDelete